Friday, June 10, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel?

A huge weight off my mind now I've told Grant about the KTwins no go. He, friend that he is, has been totally understanding. I would probably have pouted and moaned a lot.
----------------------
Having now rehearsed every day for the last week I can finally see where it could go, and it's starting to get exciting.
We have a set of eleven songs, which are pretty much the way I want them...
The only problem with intense rehearsal with just a keyboard player, is that when the full band gets together the dynamic is going to change, especially with a drummer (can't wait). On the one hand this is good, but from the POV that we only have the one full 'in studio' rehearsal, and the gig is in a week, it is frightening me a little.
The gig cometh all too soon.
What I am determined to do is carry on afterwards. I love playing live... After the event I can't wait to do it again, it's just the angst leading up to it I hate.
------------------------------
The set list in running order:
Love song
Sincerity machine
Piece of the heat
Train
Gin or Ginseng
Life
Blonde Hair
Sally
Spring of Teal
Superman
Friends of the Earth

No comments: