Monday, June 27, 2005

The cage

The cage of life surrounds us all,
From kingly court to shanty town,
The debts we owe no matter what,
Are burdens none the less.

Yet we strive to better live,
The western mind a mortgage bid,
The car, the house, the credit cards:
Whilst children elsewhere starve.

Is it fair? Well no it’s not,
But frankly we all have our lot:
The bills to pay, the boss to please;
Often on bended knee.

Would I change? Would I fuck!
I don’t want to live in old mud huts.
Bulldozed down by tyrant lunes,
In far off sunnier climes

I want to live the life I want,
B&Q paint on prefabbed crap,
Gawking at Big Brothers shite,
A couch potatoes feeble cry!

I’m not happy, I’m not sad,
I’m just pissed off fucking mad,
Lets face facts, if we don’t change now:
We are all of us going to die!

Sooner rather than later.

No comments: