Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The First of December yet again...

Does it ever get easier? I'm beginning to fear it doesn't.
Yet another year rolls towards conclusion, yet another year in which, other than writing a few songs I have achieved nothing of any great import. It makes me wonder quite what the point of it all is. I used to be a thoroughbred panglossian (cheers dude, you know who you are) but now I seem to have become a jaded old fuck, without any of the benefits that should accompany such a grandiose title.
Life seems to be made up soley of struggling to pay endless bills. I remember, in odd moments of lucidity, times when I had fun. These now seem to be fewer and much, much further between.
Perhaps all will become clear... Then again I won't hold my breath.
Even Cat seems slothful and moribund these days, and she's probably a more accurate reflection of my state of mind than anything else.
Hey ho. Onwards and upwards.
I will write another song this year if I have to beat myself over the head with a mallet.

No comments: