Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Struggle

It's a bloody struggle, that's what it is at the moment. Too much to do and neither the hours in the day nor the drive to get it all done. Frankly, I don't know what's come over me (no lewd jokes please). I seem to have drifted off into a headspace that is ruled by 'Meh'. I used to be full of get up and go but it's leached away into a mental subsoil ... which is crazy!

All the excuses under the sun can't detract from the fact that we now have a finished master ready to be replicated and sold. It is what we've always wanted. What we've always dreamed of. Yet no we have it I can't get it together to finished the artwork and send it off.

I've got through all the other stuff you have to do to release a CD. Joined the PPL, got ISRCs for the tracks. Hunted around and got a distribution deal with CDBaby.com. Yet the last step is proving the hardest.

On reflection it's more than likely that I din't want to do it because it'll mean I then have no excuse ... and what happens if it's actually crap? I know it isn't. Actually, I know it's not just good, it's very good. But then what?

So you have a CD .... Then you have to make people aware of it and get them to buy a copy - and that is the process I'm terrified of. I'm not, and never have been, a salesman: it's just not in my nature. We need a manager and we need an agent to get us gigs. NOW!

#Heartfelt sigh#

Ah well, I'm sure it'll all be okay in the end. Or, as Mick says, "It's always darkest before dawn."

Ave all.

No comments: