Sunday, March 27, 2005

A new Doctor? Yes. A good Doctor? No!

I was eagerly anticipating the new Doctor Who, and tonight I was badly disappointed. Perhaps It's more from distorted childhood memory, but I remember Dr Who as being fresher, ballsier and rather cutting edge. This new Who couldn't cut its way out of a paper bag if its life depended on it.
I would like to blame BBC Wales for the parochial feel, but I think in actuality Dr Who has been stuck down by the dreaded English disease. Instead of wobbly sets we were given wobbly shop manequins. A Very sad day for sci-fi.
Grant seems to like it, which I find vaguely unsettling.

1 comment:

Kapitano said...

Hey, you came to like Nathan Barley, which I certainly didn't.

I just decided to take the view that the new Who is a spin-off from the old one, as opposed to a continuation.

It bears the same relation to old who as The Next Generation bore to the original Star Trek. There's a family resemblence, but they're seperate, and a lot of people will like one and not the other.

Anyway, keep in touch me old mucker. And just what IS an old mucker anyway?