Tuesday, February 01, 2005

pondering green

I'm thinking that this 'new' blog template is just too green. I was after something calming, but not too calming. I'm not sure if this is the one.
You see? It's making me write utter bilge, and for no apparent reason.
On another note: My entry for 'When it snows' has already garnered a vote, so I must finally be doing something right. I get the feeling that I'm finding a syle, though the style I'm finding doesn't actually appeal. Odd.
Yesterday my bank manager asked me what I would really like to be doing (bank psychobabble) and without a moments hesitation I said "writing music". Then I had to qualify this by telling him about my musical past. He said "did you play on Eastbourne Pier in 1979?" I replied that I hadn't and he said "Good, it was a terrible gig." It was all rather surreal and a tad confusing.
Now he wants to sell me a mortgage.
If I didn't already live in the country I'd say 'Oh for the peace of the country.'

1 comment:

Kapitano said...

Deep blue is supposed to be calming.

Bank managers are generally delusional. They seem to honestly believe people would have no money if banks didn't loan it out.

Don't get a mortgate. At least not until the house prices have collapsed. They've been just about to collapse for the last two years.

Try living in a small tedious university town. The people are just as stupid, but in a less haughty way.

Oh, and I thought 'Snow' was a good Kamakura-style song, without being a large departure. Though the vocal percussion was attention-grabbing.