Thursday, January 06, 2005

The trouble with the media

The trouble with the media is that the more you get to see of a disaster the more inured you become. I'm suffering from this 21st century affliction to the nth degree. Switch on the radio
"The distaster worsens as..." Switch on the TV and more of the same with pictures.
Tonight the admass are fed the faces of orphaned children.
"This little girl is hoping beyond hope her Grandmother (close up of a tear rolling down childs cheek) is still alive (dramatic pause) otherwise she will become one more of the many, many orphans of Phuket."
Though I'm sure it's been said a bazillion times before Phuket is a really unfortunate name. I've wanted to go there for the longest time, and yet now I'm not really bothered if I ever see the place. The magic that was the far East has in my mind vanished for good. Sad but true.

No comments: